Today's smart security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to perform simple security chores like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in New York City, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In New York City For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you may customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by putting all components onto one, unified network. You can then set up a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
For example, shortly after you exit your driveway, you may set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home’s security system in New York City. When you download the ADT Control app, you can make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to operate at a specific time. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan when the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion outside.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or set the mood for TV night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in New York City
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (212) 553-6591 or submit the form below to begin customizing your ideal security system.