How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In New York City
Security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—something that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come armed with a plethora of features all built to provide total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these tools enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in New York City.
How To Set Up Your New York City Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Installing your home security cameras in the optimal locations around your residence is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in common spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart move to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to afford a clear scene of your porch, driveway, front and backyard, shed, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity can impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want a measure of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera placement is only the first step in utilizing the most from home security cameras in New York City. The innovations shown below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your mobile device anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to record and save clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with people via the camera. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up video of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely texts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in New York City is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your security system can go from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (212) 553-6591 or fill out the form below to start customizing your home security system today.