What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In New York City
You realize you must defend your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your family and is where you keep your possessions. But what is the best form of home protection? Determining if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary decisions you will make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in New York City and see what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at all times. When an entrypoint sensor activates or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring specialists receive a prompt alert. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include professional backup. You can think of this alternative as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to take action to resolve it. This option is the cheaper route, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In New York City
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system on your side is always wise. If you are not on site, asleep, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its occupants will still be protected.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll react faster to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line tools and seamless integration: When you get tools, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security expert, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will find on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Numerous individuals prefer to have work completed by experienced technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In New York City
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Some could consider this an advantage as they can install the system themselves and avoid an installation charge. Other people might wish to use a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may install components when you wish - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find assembling into a seamless system more complex.
- You have complete control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t see a security warning? This situation equates to more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: Since you are the only one in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No assistance hooking up the system: If you need help during the installation, you might have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In New York City
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in New York City from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the ideal solution for your family. Contact (212) 553-6591 today to speak with our security experts.