In the past, your home security devices were limited to where wiring could be placed. Forget placing a video camera on a desk or managing your system with a smartphone. But, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless systems. You now have an array of additional benefits to experience -- like system access from anywhere, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in New York City will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider If You Go Wireless
Maybe the most vital aspect of wireless home security can be summed up in the following words - internet connection. If you have high-speed internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re on the right path for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to maintain the connection to your monitoring specialists at all times.
In the event you reside in a more rural area without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will probably be a better choice. Or It could also make more sense from a financial standpoint to go a wired approach if you relocate to a home that has security wiring already in place.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in New York City will elevate the safety of your property, which is the main goal to begin with. On the other hand, if you prefer the possibility of having the most advanced features, check out the perks of wireless:
- Access from any location: Get access to everything in your home from your locking systems to your security cameras right from your smartphone utilizing the ADT Control app. You can check camera footage, turn on your lights, and even activate your alarm system if you neglected to do so. When an intrusion or emergency does occur, you may have notifications sent directly to your smartphone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You no longer need to worry about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and long installations. The great thing about wireless devices is that you are able to install them virtually anywhere and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to update later with new equipment, incorporating components into your network is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless capability makes smart home interactions a reality with quick, bi-directional communications. Program your system to take action in specific circumstances to enhance your protection and deter intrusions. For example, if your outdoor camera discovers suspicious disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it may prompt your interior lights to engage.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In New York City
Even though wireless home security systems in New York City have shown to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about using one. Let’s take a look at a few of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless elements could run out of power. However, your smart devices will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally need to be positioned within a certain distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in some situations to enhance your flexibility.
- Like other computer networks, the threat of hacking persists. The good news is that you can take action to minimize the chance of this happening by creating hard-to-crack passwords, never using default configurations, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. Additionally, you should only use security elements with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Professionals
Would you like to reap the benefits of New York City wireless home security? Contact us at (212) 553-6591 to talk to the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the perfect package for your residence.